Wednesday, June 17, 2020

What it's like having like a lot of kids...

Hey there,

One famous question is what it's like having so many kid's.. Honestly it's really not that bad. For the most part they have their little group's and they entertain each other. I went from just having my oldest as my only child for 5 year's to having five kid's. I had three under age 2 at one time. If I could survive that.. I'm pretty sure I can have like twenty kids and be just fine. Not that I am having twenty kids now. But honestly it wasn't as bad as so many made it seem. They looked overwhelmed for me. When really I was calm. Remaining calm, sticking to a schedule, and teaching them rules is key. I know that seems impossible at time's, I still feel that way 8 years later. I keep a set bedtime for them during school and even during summer.  I have taught them all the do's and don'ts. We have so many system's in place. Like in public we do the buddy system. Each older girl gets a little girl as their partner. (Mom and Dad keep eye on them all plus the babies.) But they stick together everywhere we go while out and about. All I have to say is "partner up" and they are normally calling out the name of who they want to partner up with. The older girl's know that their partner is always supposed to be next to them. Thing's move more smoothly when they know what is going on and who their partner is. It help's me to have extra eyes and hands helping out. It also teaches the older girl's responsibility. I have also taught them a system where say we are at the park and there are kids running everywhere it's hard to constantly keep track of who's running where. So I'll say loudly.. "All eye's on (insert name)" and every single one of my kid's will stop and look for whoever I shouted for. They will all respond back once they have spotted "all eye's on". It helps amazing when they all know what to do and how to do it in a rapid manner.  People may look at me crazy but at same time it's really helpful and my kids have known how to do it their whole life. Once while chaperoning a field trip another student wondered off. My husband and I each took one of our girl's (two were on trip) and we went seprate ways to do a "All eye's on" and we found her quickly. It was team work and very helpful at time.  It's the little thing's that really make a big difference. We have house rules and we have rules in place for in public. I always have a talk with kids before going to do anything in public or at someone else's house. So they know how thing's will be going. Kid's need rules to follow so they can learn how to act proper for safety purposes and just being a decent person. I know most of the time my kids hate the rules.  But like I tell them, your not supposed to like every single one. They are there for your safety and well being.  You'll thank us one day. But I have teens and they let me know how much they "like" the rules.. NOT. At the end of the day I know all my choices are for them. To protect them and shape them into decent human beings who will one day be parent's themselves.. Start some system's of your own or try out the couple I shared. It work's and consistently doing them will make it a habit for everyone! Enjoy your day! Until next time...

Crystal 

What it's like having like a lot of kids...

Hey there, One famous question is what it's like having so many kid's.. Honestly it's really not that bad. For the most part the...